Open since September 2007; the Sharjah Golf and Shooting Club Academy has a 300m fully grassed driving range, 6425 meter squared world class short game area and a 1095 meter squared undulating putting green. This completely floodlit facility allows golfers to practice or learn all aspects of the game day and night. The grassed bays are rotated daily to ensure perfectly fresh conditions on every visit.
The academy now also has its very own Swing Analysis Studio, where students can have their golf swing filmed. The clips are then sent to a laptop, which boasts the internationally recognized V1 coaching system, to analyze, in detail, the golfers technique. From here the coach and pupil can clearly identify ad understand areas that require improvement. The Swing Studio has a full a/c unit so golfers can also enjoy their lessons during the warmer and more humid conditions experienced during the summer months.
Tuition packages which cater for novices, experienced and elite golfers are available to the public and club members. These classes are conducted by fully qualified PGA professionals.
The Academy range balls are served from 06:20 – 21:30, every day with lights out at 22:15.
|Rental AED||Academy||9 holes||18 holes|
|Premiere rental set||90||90||180|
|Standard rental set||50||50||100|
|Single rental club||20||20||20|
|Unlimited balls (2 hours)||80||70||65|
|1 day Usage||115||105||90|
|Tution||Contact Golf Reservations|
- Members and guests are requested to register at the Golf Reservations desk prior to commencement of practice.
- No rental clubs will be issued to juniors under 18 years of age (members and guests) unless they have taken up golf tuition.
- Sets of clubs and single rental clubs may be shared on the Academy.
- Hitting of golf balls outside the practice range is prohibited.
- Chipping and pitching is not allowed on the practice putting green. Kindly use short game area.
- Golf carts shall be operated according to the following procedure:-
- No private golf carts may be operated at the club.
- Carts are not allowed on the academy
- Ball collecting cart is the only cart allowed on the driving range.
- Litter is not to be left on the academy. Litter baskets are located next to the water coolers.
- SGSC Range Balls are not to taken from the Academy area. Doing so will be considered theft.
- Attire for the golf course and academy is as follows:-
- Trousers or tailored shorts that reach the knee.
- Shirts must be worn at all times and must have sleeves and collars.
- No football shirts/shorts or cut-off jeans will be allowed on the Golf Course or the Academy.
- Dresses, shirts and blouses, slacks, culottes or shorts.
- No halter tops or cut-off jeans will be allowed on the Golf Course or the Academy.
- Bathing suits or trunks are not permitted on the Course or the Academy.
- Golf shoes (with soft spikes) and trainers only are allowed on the golf course
- Golf shoes (with soft spikes) or trainers are only permitted on the Academy
- Short game area ground rules:
- Collect range balls from the Golf Operations staff, unless using your own balls.
- Only chip or pitch onto the green from the designated short game area.
- Be aware of other facility users when chipping or pitching onto the green.
- Please rake the bunkers after use.
- Do not use any clubs to chip or pick up balls from the green.
- No putting is allowed.
- Use of the short game area is entirely at your own risk and Sharjah Golf and Shooting Club will not be held responsible for any injury or accident.